View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 5:52 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Battlefield: BC2 Tech Help 

Had this game for a less than a month I would say. Been obtaining this problem since day 1. Now the situation has gotten way to heavy for me. I done everything in my power to fix this. Upgraded this computer with new pieces that I thought would help. But still it continues to give me the save problems over and over again. [Problem: When I play within a period of 10-15 minutes my computer locks up / game shutsdown / monitor turns blue with blue stripes going down (thin/small) with a little humming sound / monitor turns blue.] [This was happening within a period of 2-3 hrs but now its happening within a period of 10-15m. Now I can't kill the people that I picture as Vertigo and or Ares] Note: I reform. thinking this would help but it continued to do this. Hense, why I be asking you ladies knowning you ladies are top-notch in knowning these kind of things. Amaze me even more.

System

Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group
Model TA790GX A2+
Total amount of system memory 8.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

Storage

Total size of hard disk(s) 931 GB
Disk partition (C:) 906 GB Free (931 GB Total)
Media drive (D:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series (5850)
Total available graphics memory 4091 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 1024 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 3067 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.681.0.0
Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
DirectX version DirectX 11

Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:48 am

This time the monitor went all blue with a sharp hum for 3 seconds then the humming stopped but monitor remained blue. Played for 30 minutes tho [yay?] Then monitor turned light blue with an error message that lasted 5 seconds which I was able to catch... unable to run Windows 7 and it rebooted. Getting pissed here.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:23 pm
Staff

I don't have too much experience here but to me it sounds like a graphics card issue. Although you have a good one, it could be one of few that don't function correctly. My best advice would be to send it back and try for a new one.

Something similar happened to me a few years back with my GeForce 6800 GS. It would freeze my computer and my sound would loop while my screen would still somewhat show the game but with sharp lines all throughout the screen.

Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:07 pm
Profile WWW
Management

Drivers up to date

Monitor refresh rate set too high (maybe in the BC2 config as well)

GFX card have a lot of dust/dirt on it, can cause it to overheat

Just preliminary guesses.

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:50 am
Profile WWW

Yesterday played for 3-4 hours straight at times without any shutdown of the computer and or game. Kinda shocked there. I changed nothing in the game/system. But today without changing anything within a 5 minute period game shutdown then another 5 minutes computer shutdown - monitor blue sharp hum [3s] remaining blue. Been reading in the forums saying it could be the power supply. Not sure what it could be just don't want to blow money. I also think it could be the graphics card. Also, I clean my computer Ares only because im mexican doesn't mean I don't clean bitch.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 pm
Staff

Does it blue screen when this happens? If so, there could be some revealing information as to what the problem relates to there.

And as far as blowing money, I'm not sure about the power supply but you have a pretty new graphics card, you should be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Multiple things can happen. Game shutsdown, monitor turns blue with a hum for 3 seconds then the hum goes away but monitor remains blue computer stays on etc etc. Been noticing that when I go to my Favs/History and I refresh and somehow EA always fails me and it does a full server search. I have to refresh it again to see if there is room in the server I have want to get into. Once I get into that server I go to. 5-15 minutes later it happens. When the game shutsdown I get bored and check youtube and the graphics are all messed up. Thinking its the graphics card. But when EA doesn't full server search I don't shutdown etc etc

Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:54 pm
Management

Um, I know this will sound odd, but I was having SOMEWHAT of the same problems. I had to adjust my RAM timings in the BIOS and everything works like a fkn charm now.

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:26 pm
Profile WWW

Hehe... now two new ones came to me with the screen going blue with a sharp red flash then going back to blue. As well as monitor going straight to gray. Believe I adjusted the RAM timings but ill give it another run at it.

Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:00 am

chula.. :)

Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next