View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 05, 2020 4:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Cooler Master HAF 932 Review 

Cooler Master HAF 392 Full Tower Computer Case

Intro
Alrighty ladies and gentlemen today we will be taking a look at one of the best gaming cases out there. HAF happens to stand for something that many gaming rigs both commercial and custom built lack, HIGH AIR FLOW! Yes you read that correctly this rig will keep your brick of a video card and that quad core processor cool as can be on hot summer days.

Quality
This case lacks nothing when it comes to quality at 29.1lbs this is one heavy heap of steel. It resembles what I would imagine a desktop at an underground nuclear facility would be. The front and back doors are fastened on with screws that can be taken off by hand or with tools making it convenient especially when first moving or installing all of your components, why you ask? Simply because anyone who has ever built a custom PC will tell you 9 out of 10 times something will need to be tampered with, switched, or moved to make the darned thing run correctly. This case also features a nice amount of space behind that back door for cable management, which is something that I didn’t believe in back when I was 12 years old building my first gaming rig. To be honest the only feature I had an issue with was the inside tool-less clips that hold the video card and such in place, these clips are plastic and me being the hard headed fool that I can be sometimes got excited and chipped a piece off of one. These clips are somewhat fragile do not manhandle them read the directions!

Features

Oh geez where do I even start this case is the real deal and it will accommodate whatever monster hardware you decide to try out, for example the top 230mm fan can be removed and replaced with a 3x120mm fan liquid cooling reservoir. If you do choose a liquid cooling option with this case you will find a conveniently placed rubberized mat on top, when pulled upwards it reveals a fill port for your cooling reservoir. Although I wouldn’t recommend spending the extra cash on liquid cooling since this case comes with 3x230mm fans and a single 140mm fan. The point is instead of running at 46 degrees Celsius my CPU now runs at a steady 27 degrees per core while under stress which is awesome. The hard drive access is awesome due to the removable HDD racks which are padded on the sides to prevent vibration from the fan nearby. There is the choice to mount your PSU on either the top or bottom of the case, though bottom is the default option meaning you must move the top fan to accommodate a PSU being there. Lastly if you have a hard floor or just want the rig to be a bit higher up off the ground this baby comes with wheels, making it soo much easier to move around, especially to get to those pesky cables in the back.

Overall
I cannot say anything bad about this case, I had a very very small issue and that’s only because I neglected the instruction manual. This case has amazing air flow, which is what most gamers are looking for nowadays with 40-50 degrees Celsius being a relatively decent temperature for CPU’s under heavy stress. I would recommend this beast of a case to anyone who has ever played a PC game with everything on “Very High”.

For your entertainment first gaming rig vs. new rig:
Yep thats my big ol' nose in the reflection back when I was 14.
This is a crappy pic of the inside, it’ll look much much better once I get a modular PSU and some SATA HDD’s(and maybe a new camera):
This is the back where the massive amount of cables lie:

Well I hope you all enjoy this review, if you need any info or help fixing/building a rig just post a thread, catch me on Xfire, or toss a PM my way and I will do my best to help out.

Last edited by assault55 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:45 pm
Management

Mike, I gave you access on the main site (see the admin button next to your profile) to post news.

Why the switch from water to air-cooling?

Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:29 am
Profile WWW

Ares wrote:
Mike, I gave you access on the main site (see the admin button next to your profile) to post news.

Maybe I wasn't clear, my apologies Nick I will re-read the cooling sections but I have always stuck to air cooling. I personally believe that with the cases available today liquid cooling isn't necessary for most hardcore gamers.

I have toyed around with liquid cooling but imo it isn't worth the risk or hassle. I have never ever seen any component in my rig now or before with a horrible cooling set up surpass 52 degrees Celsius which is by the way a fine temperature. If I ever pass 60 degrees Celsius then and only then will I consider a liquid cooling solution.

Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm
Management

assault55 wrote:
Ares wrote:

Maybe I wasn't clear, my apologies Nick I will re-read the cooling sections but I have always stuck to air cooling. I personally believe that with the cases available today liquid cooling isn't necessary for most hardcore gamers.

I have toyed around with liquid cooling but imo it isn't worth the risk or hassle. I have never ever seen any component in my rig now or before with a horrible cooling set up surpass 52 degrees Celsius which is by the way a fine temperature. If I ever pass 60 degrees Celsius then and only then will I consider a liquid cooling solution.

The Corsair H50 is a pretty bad ass liquid cooling closed loop system.

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:19 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]