View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
PS3 WAN? 

Me and some of the guys at work were thinking about setting up a wireless area network for our PS3s to play mw2 and some other games (black ops eventually) and were wondering what we needed to make it work.

I was thinking I could set my ps3 up to a router, host a game and have other people connect to me. how would I need to configure my router? (we wouldn't have an internet connection). I was wondering if this was possible and exactly what we would need to make this work?

Thanks

Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:30 am
Profile WWW
Management

I don't know, but for full functionality I had to set my PS3 up on the DMZ of my router to get shit to work right.

Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:43 am
Profile WWW
Battlefield 4

WAN = wide area network, aka the internet :)

What you are trying to do is not possible with most games afaik. You won't be able to play with people unless you are connected to the internet and authenticated, so you need a router and an internet connection. I don't think there is an option to "host" a game without being on PSN.

Granted I don't do much with my PS3, but from what I already know and from a couple quick google searches it seems that it's not possible with most if not at games.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:36 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]