View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
Overclocked & Cooled my Cheap Rig 

Hey everyone just posting my stock vs OC'd speeds on my CPU and GPU. The results are excellent especially since this these parts are so cheap.

AMD Phenom II X2 550

This destroys the stock clock speeds, the reason the CPU name is different in CPU-Z is due to me unlocking the 3rd core in the BIOS(throws off fan speed readings as well).

I unlocked the 3rd core(4th was bad) increasing all cache by 33% and bumped the clock speed from 3.1ghz to 3.9ghz with room to OC some more. I could easily get 4.1ghz but I don't have the time to tinker nor the patience to deal with possible BSOD's right now.

Using the amazing Corsair H50 closed liquid CPU cooler I have decreased the CPU temps from 38C idle--16C and 100% loaded in Prime95 from 60C--38C which is amazing. I don't give a crap about how load it is but this system is quiet as can be and as always Corsair delivers with a quality fan/radiator combo. The only issue was my fault in that I had a stripped screw driver making it hell to tighten all the screws, but I am sure as hell glad I bought this. At around $82 in the local store this thing is pricey but worth it, why? Well benchmark your $580+ i7 quad core CPU against my $95 CPU and see who gets more bang for your buck. I'd be willing to bet I come close to your scores as well.

Nvidia GTS 250

After OC'ing the GPU I was able to come close to benchmarks for the Ati 5800 HD series cards and 400 series Nvidia cards using MSI Kombustor and Afterburner.

Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:05 am
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]