View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 10, 2020 12:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Website Ideas 
SC2

Hello admins, management !

Im just wondering how old is this layout of the website? Im not trying to disrespect anyone so please dont take it this way. But i feel that this website is a little bit chaotic on the main page and a tad old. It reminds me of the old CAL league days where top CS teams had this layout. Anyway, I just have some ideas that would be cool for every team in general.

Examples of clean websites; Its just easy to look up where to go and how to find stuff
http://complexitygaming.com/
http://myeg.net/team/
http://www.sk-gaming.com/
http://www.mymym.com/en/
http://www.team-dignitas.org/

- Replay/HLTV section for guest
- 1 Main Calender that each team can put their matches on
- Spot for streaming
- Make it easier for each team to upload match results on the main page / Fix rosters
- A facebook 'Like' button on the main page

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:23 pm
SC2

twitter to...lol

Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:30 pm
Management

First off I would like to thank both of you (strength and cDgFocus) for your vauled input and ideas for the website as we are always looking for user input to make the website a more enjoyable experience for all.

To answer a few of your questions the website itself was put online in August of 2009 with the approach of breaking the norm that you see for gaming website(s), that being the traditional three column layouts used by teams since 2003/2004 and still in use today by SK Gaming, compLexity, MYM,etc.. So while this layout may seem old to some users it is still unique in the way that the overall content is laid out and functions.

As far as the features that you listed those are all currently in the works and should be released shortly along with some other. Also Twitter and Facebook are up top in the banner already :)

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:50 am
Profile ICQ WWW
SC2

Skitch wrote:
First off I would like to thank both of you (strength and cDgFocus) for your vauled input and ideas for the website as we are always looking for user input to make the website a more enjoyable experience for all.

To answer a few of your questions the website itself was put online in August of 2009 with the approach of breaking the norm that you see for gaming website(s), that being the traditional three column layouts used by teams since 2003/2004 and still in use today by SK Gaming, compLexity, MYM,etc.. So while this layout may seem old to some users it is still unique in the way that the overall content is laid out and functions.

As far as the features that you listed those are all currently in the works and should be released shortly along with some other. Also Twitter and Facebook are up top in the banner already :)

Ahhh thank you hehehe =] But thats awesome, thanks for answering my question. And i like that you guys are currently going to make some changes that would help the website. Just awesome!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:23 pm
SC2

strength wrote:
Skitch wrote:

Ahhh thank you hehehe =] But thats awesome, thanks for answering my question. And i like that you guys are currently going to make some changes that would help the website. Just awesome!

^+1 eyy lol i understand the need for Individuality!

Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:21 pm
SC2

I think the replay/HLTV section would bring alot more hits. Even if its POV of the CS players such as luckyted, jame^s or even pinekone. I would even get back on CS and watch those

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:43 pm

While I'm in no position to critique anyone's web layout, this one took some getting used to. Simple is better in my opinion. I think this website meets all my needs, but not sure what the goal is here.

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:41 am
SC2

ability wrote:
While I'm in no position to critique anyone's web layout, this one took some getting used to. Simple is better in my opinion. I think this website meets all my needs, but not sure what the goal is here.

Agree. But what if we were able to make polls in threads or even on the main layout?

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:53 pm
Management

strength wrote:
ability wrote:

Agree. But what if we were able to make polls in threads or even on the main layout?

You can actually already make polls in forum topics/threads :)

Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:35 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]