View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Website Bugs 
Management

All the bugs/issues mentioned above have been fixed. I will go ahead and list then again for shits and giggles.

- Fixed the issue from when Vertigo broke the site all the navigation links should work just as they did before :lol:
- Remove Buddy image has been fixed in user profiles
- Incorrect flag assignment has been fixed in user profiles
- Green tabs for Team Blogs/Team Matches are now functional
- Changed "Left for Dead" to "Left 4 Dead" on the Roster page
- Fixed the spacing on the background image to eliminate black space on the right and left side of site

Other issues/things that were fixed that you may or may not notice.

- Fixed the Thread/Media title length to prevent it from going to a second line
- Reworked the design of the Media page and Media Details page a little bit
- Fixed the Matches page alignment issues
- Fixed the Roster page alignment issues

I will also be updating a few things on the forums (today) to make them more uniform to the website's overall look and feel. Also quite a few other updates will be taking place shortly.

Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:12 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Management

Well as I said yesterday I went ahead and updated some stuff on the forums to make them more uniform to the website.

- Changed the look of some of the graphical elements on the forums (mainly buttons and icons) that have been bugging me since the release of the website
- Fixed some font color issues that were bothering me as well
- Corrected some other small graphical issues that I came across

If you haven't noticed I am pretty anal about the small things (thanks ipT) and I will continue to tweak icons/images on the forums until I feel they have reached perfections MUAHAHAHAHA :twisted:

Also ipT (Area51 Web Developer) went ahead and modified/fixed a few things on the website last night so I will go ahead and list them here.

- Fixed some user profile issues that had been bugging me (last login/user registration date)
- Fixed the times on the news post from here on out
- When viewing a matches details you can now click "View All" next to the competition to see all the matches in that specific competition
- We will now be able to post a link to demos on each matches match detail page (you will see a demo button which will allow you to download that matches demo)
- For all you RSS lovers out their we added an RSS Feed for the news (click the orange rss button next to the news heading) and the rest should be coming online shortly

As you can see we are slowly but surely knocking things off our to do list to make the Area51 website better for both the community and our teams.

Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:20 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Management

When I try to post a blog I get this:

Error inserting your information into MySQL: Field 'num_comments' doesn't have a default value

Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:06 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Ares wrote:
When I try to post a blog I get this:

Error inserting your information into MySQL: Field 'num_comments' doesn't have a default value

fixed.

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:23 pm
Profile WWW
Management

Look at ipT doing work : :o

Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:33 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Management

Fight is having this problem:

PhpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /home/area51/public_html/cms/cms_head.php on line 96: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../../404.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php')

He also said that he also has to re-login every time he navigates between pages.

Sat Sep 19, 2009 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Staff

When I try to put up a match for L4D, the categories are way off. It doesn't have any maps and when I try to add maps it says "This page cannot be found". If possible, it would be nice to have 5 spots for rounds, so that I can post the scores in the correct manner.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:05 pm
Profile WWW
Management

The Wolfenstein roster images aren't correctly aligned.

Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:50 pm
Profile WWW
Management

While posting a news story you can indent, but not unindent w/o editing the code.

Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:12 am
Profile WWW

There's a problem with the match display page and the add match page.

First, if you have 6 players, the 5th and 6th run together because there isn't a comma added.
You can see this here:
http://area51gaming.com/matches/542/

KrakenSolitary lol

Should be a really really easy fix and would make stuff look way cleaner.

Second, there's a limit of 6 players. Well I don't know about other games, but in urban terror we play 6v6 and often have a sub who will come in if someone is playing bad. So we regularly have 7 players and only 6 can be listed. It's not a big deal because who really cares about who played, but if you're putting boxes in for that, I feel like I should do it right. I get around this by just using nbsp, but that is stupid.
http://area51gaming.com/matches/551/

There's an example where we had a ridiculous 8 players show up, and since it was a garbage opponent, we let everyone play. If it was me, I'd just put a textbox and insert the data into one row, which avoids the issue of a fixed limit of players.

It'd also be great to have a way to link to screenshots.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next