View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 24, 2020 10:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Local LAN's and upcoming showmatch! 
SC2

Hey so I was told I should probably make a thread on this, but I recently managed to win, and maintain my #1 seed in the current ongoing DYESL tournament that I have participating in. Winning the December one for $320, then placing 2nd in the February DYESL as January had no tournament, and finally the current tournament in March that I won for $200, I feel that I've been playing very well in LAN settings! The atmosphere seems like it really helps my play, and contrary to my less-than-stellar clan war performances thus far, I think it represents my skill quite a bit more!

Obviously people might be saying that LAN's don't involve too much competition, however in the Code S bracket that I always participate in, there are rarely any diamonds, and often high masters or even grandmasters, such as iSNoctis and xSixMkengyn, as well as notable names from notable teams like ClashDrone and dtGClonze. Speaking of which, my recent tournament in March pitted me against xSixMkengyn twice, once in group play, and once in the finals. Although I only beat him 2-1 in the group stage BO3, I triumphed over the North American GM from Check Six gaming 4-2 in the finals to snag the victory :)

The other thing I was supposed to mention was the fact that I have an upcoming showmatch vs. dtGClonze. After beating him multiple times at LAN's, he's decided to challenge me to a BO5 showmatch for $40. Although a small prize pool, this friendly showmatch will definitely not disappoint! He says he's been practicing day in and day out with dtGAttero in an attempt to sharpen his TvP and finally snipe me, but I think I have other things planned :)

Anyways just decided to post my current situation and success, as well as the upcoming things that I have planned, and look forward to playing some practice matches with everyone in preparation for these events!

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:36 pm
SC2

glad to hear about your success, hope to hear more good things in the future buddy! =D

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:34 pm
SC2

Gl sir! The $40 is yours!!!!

Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:42 am

nice, when is the showmatch?

Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:28 am

your so gosu :) wish my local tourneys would have that nice of prize!! Well deserved!

Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:52 pm

grudge matches like this are some of my favorite parts of competition. gl if it hasnt happened yet.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:41 am
SC2

Sadly Attero convinced Clonze he had no chance against me and he backed out T.T Oh well... By the way I'm streaming ALL throughout the night tonight and will be participating in the DYESL April in two weeks so going to win and continue my #1 seed!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]