View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Gaining attention personally and for the team 

Hey guys, this is just a thread to discuss methods by which we might be able to get the team and individual players known, as that is the most obvious goal for the team right now. Playing in team leagues and what not is nice, but to be honest, very few people follow team leagues in general outside of the very, very top ones, like the EGMCL or GSL. Even participating in the ESEA will not likely garner Area51 much attention, even if we perform fairly well - not to be a downer.

I think of all of us SaroVati and Raine are the best known, but even then they are somewhat unknown. For example, Raine had no idea who SaroVati was until he joined the team. Also, SaroVati only gets about 20-30 viewers on his stream and that is about 500% more than most of us (i think).

I'm not sure how we should go about getting known, as even top tier pros often only have 500-1000 viewers, with rare exceptions such as the very best koreans, or popular players like IdrA or Destiny (sadly).

I'll just point out the the Xsplit beta is ending soon and the prices will be rising substantially. At the moment you can pick up a personal license for 2 years for $39.99, which is a pretty damn good deal, and ifyou ever get the viewerbase to make revenue, you can upgrade then.

Personally, although i'm not sure how well it's working, i've been playing a lot of 1v1 Obs maps, to answer noobie questions and pass around my name. I stream while i play it and tell people to watch, which several usually do.

Also, i should also say that if Area51 is actually serious about becoming legitimate and known, everyone should stop dicking around in 3v3's and 4v4's, where clearly you aren't getting better or doing much in the way of anything. 2v2 is at least potentially useful for team leagues.

Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:00 am
SC2

I think one way to gain attention or get more known is using social media...i know a few people who get more than 50 viewers and it continues you go up cuz they use forms of social media like twitter and facebook.....to talk to their viewers, ask questions on how to make their stream better, and interact with viewers when they arent streaming.....it brings more familiarity between the streamers and viewers..

it makes it so they dont just see some1s face playing a game but also see the "PERSON" that they got to know and feel some kind of bond to......

Destiny and Idra have their personalities and thats what people connect with....their play might not be the best but if u include the personal aspects to their stream than you know why they get alot of viewers....

as an example of a different person......Nathanias.....a streamer on tl gets about 50-100 viewers every time he streams because his viewers get to know him as a person not just a gamer....for me i watched his stream one and his play was terrible but that didnt stop his viewers

ill add more later....if i can think of some later

Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:47 am
SC2

I think a really easy way to increase popularity is just play other "big name" streamers and beat them. My buddy puCK beat Idra on stream ONCE and he instantly had 100 people watching him from 15.... and he consistently has about that much now. I've even beat Idra. Problem is, I wasn't streaming while I did it.

On a side note, I coached Pokebunny protoss for an hour on stream and he tweeted to his 5k followers about me + Area51 gaming. Not only that, but I instantly got 9 more subscribers to my stream WITHOUT even streaming... They just went there after people REALIZED I was top 10 GM in NA at the time.. and the only other protoss other than oGsVINES in top 25.

Imo just play more, get to a high MMR and hit these people on ladder and shit will come :)

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:43 am

Feel free to send me replays. I'll cast them. Just make sure they're fun to watch and they should be fun to cast!

www.youtube.com/kangaruthless

[email protected]

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:25 pm
SC2

i get viewers more than anyone on the team probably

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:03 pm

FlatLine wrote:
i get viewers more than anyone on the team probably

Useful, well thought out, informative post. Please, continue in this manner of helpful posting.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:05 pm
SC2

keep playing 3v3s

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]