View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Patch Notables - Apr 2 

Content
New Mech: Highlander
New Hero Mech “Heavy Metal” HGN-HM

Highlander HGN-HM

- Tonnage: 90
- Engine: 275 XL Top Speed: 49.5 kph
- Max Engine Rating: 330
- Torso Movement:
- 90 degrees to each side
- 20 degrees up and down
- Arm Movement:
- 20 degrees to each side
- 30 degrees up and down
- Armor: 544 (Standard)
- Weapons & Equipment:
- Left Arm: 3 Medium Lasers
- Left Torso: LRM 20, SRM 6
- Right Arm: Gauss Rifle
- Internal Structure: Standard
- Hardpoints:
- Left Arm: 3 Energy
- Left Torso: 2 Missile, 1 AMS
- Right Arm: 2 Ballistic
- Heat Sinks: 13 Double
- Jump Jets: 5 (5 Max)
- ECM Capable?: No
- Module Slots: 2
- 30% C-Bill Bonus
- Plays a music clip from its head-mounted external speakers after an enemy kill

BattleMech Cockpit Items:
- Jenner Statue
- Cataphract Statue
- Centurion Statue

BattleMech Skin:
- Digital Skin

New Consumable Modules:
- Each team has a separate global cooldown timer governing their use of artillery and air strikes
- No one can activate an artillery or air strike while their team's cooldown timer is counting down
- At the start of the match, each team's cooldown timer counts down 60 seconds
- When a player activates an artillery or air strike, his team's cooldown timer starts to count down for 10 seconds

- Artillery Strike
- Calls in a barrage of long range artillery.
- Press [Home] to target the area under your crosshairs with an artillery strike.
- After a 5 second delay, 6 shells drop into a 50 m radius around the targeted area. Each shell does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Artillery Strike, Improved Artillery Strike, or Priority Artillery Strike module.
- Upgradable to Improved Artillery Strike.

- Priority Artillery Strike
- Calls in a barrage of long range artillery.
- Press [Home] to target the area under your crosshairs with an artillery strike.
- After a 4 second delay, 10 shells drop into a 50 m radius around the targeted area. Each shell does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Artillery Strike, Improved Artillery Strike, or Priority Artillery Strike module.

- Air Strike
- Calls in a fighter air strike on a targeted zone.
- Press [End] to target the area under your crosshairs with an air strike.
- After a 5 second delay, 6 bombs drop along a 100 m strip, starting at the targeted area and moving away from your location when you activated the strike. Each bomb does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Air Strike, Improved Air Strike, or Priority Air Strike module.
- Upgradable to Improved Air Strike

- Priority Air Strike
- Calls in a fighter air strike on a targeted zone.
- Press [End] to target the area under your crosshairs with an air strike.
- After a 4 second delay, 10 bombs drop along a 100 m strip, starting at the targeted area and moving away from your location when you activated the strike. Each bomb does 10 points of damage.
- Consumed on use.
- Cannot be equipped to a Mech that already contains an Air Strike, Improved Air Strike, or Priority Air Strike module.

New Support Modules:

- Air Strike Accuracy
- Decreases the radius of the targeted area by 20%.

- Artillery Accuracy
- Decreases the length of the bombardment zone by 20%.

New Consumable Module Upgrades:

- Improved Artillery Strike
- Upgrades the Artillery Strike module.
- Increases artillery shell count by 4, and decreases flight time by 1 second.
- Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech.

- Improved Air Strike
- Upgrades the Air Strike module.
- Increases air strike bomb count by 4, and decreases flight time by 1 second.
- Does not need to be equipped to a BattleMech.

Notable Enviornment Changes:

- Changed HDR eye adpatation numbers to reduce amount of HDR blooming, and speed the recovery rate.
- Tweaked lighting in all levels to minimize lighting differences due to HDR eyeadaptation changes.
- Extended LOD distances in River City on many large buildings.
- Reduced strength of parallax occlusion mapping on some snow terrain textures to help reduce "crawling" terrain textures.

Gameplay

- New Night and Thermal vision modes
- Thermal vision is now "white hot" and is restricted to normal view distances. i.e. Players can no longer use thermal to view long distances.
- Night Vision is now monochrome green and shows greater detail in the surroundings.
- Players will notice that Night Vision is more useful for navigation and Thermal Vision is more useful for seeking out Mechs.
- More tuning will be done but these vision modes are on target for final implementation.

Bug Fixes

- Artemis Line-of-sight check is now more accurate
- EMP will now turn off ECM in Counter Mode
- Mech damage glow now fades away after they die

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Worth noting that the only highlander in the game currently is the hero mech.

I find this to be a very strange way of implementing the new chassis, and wonder how long it will be before we see proper variants.

Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:54 pm

From a business standpoint, I don't necessarily LIKE the only Highlander being a hero, but we'll be seeing the rest of them on the 19th along with whatever a Champion mech is.

I believe that this MIGHT (soft language here) be to try to coerce the people that really WANT a Highlander (or really any new mech if it has a planned Hero variant) to buy it right away to get one with the idea of having it technically before the real Highlanders are released. If I were to name this, I'd call it The Hipster Effect. Really, I imagine the people that are susceptible to this are people that'd be buying the Hero regardless, but eh.

Whatevs. Just my $.02

Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:19 am

Well I think this is them being smart for once. This is the release model that league of legends uses to great success.

People who pay get to play first. after the initial week (or 2 in this case seemingly) everyone gets to play.

It's a smart model because it doesn't impact the integrity of the game - and is actually better for it imo - it's a way of staggering the population adoption rate for a new mech. So rather than having 10 highlanders in every game, they have 4-5 now, probably 7-8 when the free ones come

also, the champion mech is the community mech build I think. They held some sort of contest for players to submit a build, they picked one and are putting it in game.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]